Victoria Island and Arrayanes Forest-"Modesta Victoria"
Isla Victoria and El Bosque de Arrayanes, within the Nahuel Huapi National Park is one of the most popular tours.
Sailing for 30 minutes across the blue waters of Lake Nahuel Huapi, in a modern and comfortable catamaran, you arrive at Puerto Anchorena, located in the central area of Victoria Island. From there you can wander about various marked trails. You can take a guided tour and visit the conifer and other species nursery, natural lookouts and trails surrounded by cathedrals of trees; listen to the sounds of creaking ancient pines, the calls of birds, the coming and going of the winds through the trees, the lapping of water on the shores of the lake, and amazing vistas. One of these trails lead to Playa del Toro, where you can see cave paintings and visit a beautiful volcanic sand beach. On board again the catamaran sails towards Peninsula Quetrihue where you will see the world famous Bosque de Arrayanes (myrtle forest), which is absolutely unique. Trees in these protected areas are up to 650 years old. Its trunk appears twisted and contorted and has a smooth, intense cinnamon-coloured bark, which peels as the tree grows revealing some white spots underneath which make the Arrayanes unique in themselves. It is evergreen, with small, fragrant, oval leaves 2.0 to 2.5 cm long and 1.5 broad, and profuse white flowers in early to midsummer. It is said that film maker Walt Disney have created Bambi after his inspiring visit to the area.
Each corner of the island hosts its own unique surroundings and magnificent views, making this experience truly rewarding.
For those who book the navigation with the transfer to port round trip, the trhasfer collects people by the following meeting points. If you have doubts about the distance with your accommodation you can click on the link to see the nearest location that may correspond to you.
3. [Crans Montana](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Hotel+Crans+Montana/@-41.1346938,-71.3098252,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7b71eb973dd1:0x94576392472968e6!8m2!3d-41.133514!4d-71.30386)
4. [Nahuel Huapi](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Hotel+Nahuel+Huapi/@-41.1348129,-71.3084487,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7b6df585d1ef:0xc422966ddbc64f71!8m2!3d-41.134817!4d-71.30626)
5. [Tres Reyes](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Hotel+Tres+Reyes/@-41.1328006,-71.3100741,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7b72535761eb:0x644b8fe5b70e380!8m2!3d-41.1328047!4d-71.3078854)
6. [Oficina Turisur](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Turisur/@-41.1340032,-71.3088226,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7b726b2cac27:0x301629446879dc4!8m2!3d-41.1340073!4d-71.3066339)
7. [Cacique Inacayal](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Hotel+Cacique+Inacayal+-+Lake+Hotel/@-41.1323382,-71.3199133,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7b0ec8cb6531:0xbcf3544b5b20227f!8m2!3d-41.1323423!4d-71.3177246)
8. [KM 1,2 - (Hotel Patagonia)](https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hotel+Patagonia/@-41.1314256,-71.3245829,15z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x0:0xcda800a6fd2dabaa!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d-41.131427!4d-71.3245832)
9. [KM 2,5 - (Design - Villa Huinid)](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Av.+Exequiel+Bustillo+2500,+R8402AAX+San+Carlos+de+Bariloche,+R%C3%ADo+Negro/@-41.131784,-71.3393837,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7affa348fe99:0xc0f84677b5536d16!8m2!3d-41.131784!4d-71.337195)
10. [KM 6 - (La Cascada)](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Av.+Exequiel+Bustillo+5970,+San+Carlos+de+Bariloche,+R%C3%ADo+Negro/@-41.1210519,-71.3786609,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7a747476d149:0x369436e540665883!8m2!3d-41.1210519!4d-71.3764722)
11. [KM 7 - (Nido el Cóndor - Rochester - Lirolay](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Av.+Exequiel+Bustillo+7000,+San+Carlos+de+Bariloche,+R%C3%ADo+Negro/@-41.1195411,-71.3888202,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a709f669108b9:0x21c4530ac3c07dbd!8m2!3d-41.1195411!4d-71.3866315)
12. [KM 7.5 - (Charming)](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Palo+Santo+%26+Hua+Huan,+San+Carlos+de+Bariloche,+R%C3%ADo+Negro/@-41.1207819,-71.3937039,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7098641fc6eb:0xed06fb315523331a!8m2!3d-41.120786!4d-71.3915152)
13. [KM 11.5 - (El Casco)](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/El+Casco+Art+Hotel/@-41.1098709,-71.4314947,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7b72da314029:0x802d0fc3b31ae1cb!8m2!3d-41.109875!4d-71.429306)
+ Read more
- Spanish/English Speaking Guides
- Access charge to Nahuel Huapi National Park
- Port fees
This tour may be booked with round trip transfer to Puerto Pañuelo or without it. If you don’t have a vehicle, we advise that you book the shuttle service since the port is 25 km away. There are two local companies that do lake navigation.
+ Read more
- **Why there are different prices for this tour with round trip transfer to Puerto Pañuelo or without?** Puerto Pañuelo, from where the catamaran departs, is 25 km away from Bariloche. If you don’t have a vehicle, we advise that you book the NAVIGATION TICKET WITH SHUTTLE SERVICE.
- **How much is the National Park entrance fee and the Port fee?** Where should I pay? The Port fee is $ 270 (Argentine pesos) per person from 2 years of age. The National Park entrance fee is $1840 for non-resident adults; $260 Argentine Residents; $120 Children between 6 and 12 years old. ** Do not pay entrance to parks **: children under 5 years; Retirees and Pensioners who are residents of Argentina; Persons with a disability certificate; Residents of Bariloche. The Entrance to Parks are paid at the place on the day of the tour, only in cash and in Argentine Pesos
- **Do you pick me up at the hotel?** If you’ve hired the tour with the shuttle service, we pick you up at your hotel provided it is within the agreed route. If it is not, we will assign a meeting point as close as possible to your hotel so you can take the shuttle.
- **I'll go to the port with my car, would I have a place to leave it?** Yes, there is a paid parking, where you can leave your car. The cost of the stay is $ 260 Argentine Pesos
- **How many companies do this tour and what differences are there between them?** There are two companies that navigate the lake: Turisur (Modesta Victoria cruise ship) and Space S.A (Cau Cau catamaran). The only difference is the boat you choose for navigation, as the trip, schedules and prices are the same
- **What is the difference between one boat and another and which would you recommend?** The "Modesta Victoria" is a historic cruise ship completely refurbished with original characteristics. The "Cau Cau" is a modern catamaran. Basically you should only choose what you like most and choose the option at the time of your reservation request
- **Why are there two different departure times and is there any difference between the two?** There are two different departure times but the route is exactly the same. They both arrive at the same time at the port. The difference is that the earlier departure gives you more time to spend on Victoria Island (1:45 hours more), usually used to have lunch or for recreation.
- **Is it possible to buy some food or to take something to eat?** Yes, you can buy food both on the boat and in the places you visit (Victoria Island and Arrayanes forest) or you can opt to pack your own food.
- **I have mobility problems, are the tour walks long or have any difficulty?** The trails on this tour are wheelchair friendly. The trails are also suitable for baby strollers. It’s a tour meant for all age groups. Walks can be chosen between short or long ones, there is something for everyone.
- **Is the rate for people in retirement or pensioned only for Argentine residents?** Yes. The rate for Retired people that also applies to Pensioner is exclusively for Argentine residents. The same DOES NOT apply to people residing in other countries even if they are retired and pensioners.
- **Is there a discount for people with a Disability Certificate?** Yes, the company Turisur charges 25% of the navigation ticket value for people with a Disability Certificate Turisur charges 25% but you must perform the procedure in person at the company’s office.