Victoria Island and Arrayanes Forest - "Cau Cau"
Isla Victoria and El Bosque de Arrayanes, within the Nahuel Huapi National Park is one of the most popular tours.
Sailing for 30 minutes across the blue waters of Lake Nahuel Huapi, in a modern and comfortable catamaran, you arrive at Puerto Anchorena, located in the central area of Victoria Island. From there you can wander about various marked trails. You can take a guided tour and visit the conifer and other species nursery, natural lookouts and trails surrounded by cathedrals of trees; listen to the sounds of creaking ancient pines, the calls of birds, the coming and going of the winds through the trees, the lapping of water on the shores of the lake, and amazing vistas. One of these trails lead to Playa del Toro, where you can see cave paintings and visit a beautiful volcanic sand beach. On board again the catamaran sails towards Peninsula Quetrihue where you will see the world famous Bosque de Arrayanes (myrtle forest), which is absolutely unique. Trees in these protected areas are up to 650 years old. Its trunk appears twisted and contorted and has a smooth, intense cinnamon-coloured bark, which peels as the tree grows revealing some white spots underneath which make the Arrayanes unique in themselves. It is evergreen, with small, fragrant, oval leaves 2.0 to 2.5 cm long and 1.5 broad, and profuse white flowers in early to midsummer. It is said that film maker Walt Disney have created Bambi after his inspiring visit to the area.
Each corner of the island hosts its own unique surroundings and magnificent views, making this experience truly rewarding.
For those who book navigation with the transfer to port round trip, the transfer picks up people by the following meeting points. You must choose the closest to your accommodation. If you have doubts about the distance with your accommodation you can click on the link to see the nearest location that may correspond to you.
On the way to the port, stops will be made on hotels located on Bustillo Avenue.
The information and schedule will then appear in the service voucher that we will send you.
- Point "1" - Oficina Cau Cau [Calle Mitre 139]
- Point "2" - Entrance to Hotel [Grand Bariloche]
- Point "3" - Entrance to Hotel [Nahuel Huapi](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Hotel+Nahuel+Huapi/@-41.1348129,-71.3084487,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7b6df585d1ef:0xc422966ddbc64f71!8m2!3d-41.134817!4d-71.30626)
- Punto "4" - Entranace to Hotel [Kenton]
- Point "5" - Entrance to Hotel [Edelweiss](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/San+Mart%C3%ADn+%26+Salta,+San+Carlos+de+Bariloche,+R%C3%ADo+Negro/@-41.1343379,-71.3148875,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7b0d10eb1b1f:0xbc3ec7e96683cdd0!8m2!3d-41.1343379!4d-71.3126988)
- Point "6" - Entrance to Hotel [Panamericano](https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/San+Mart%C3%ADn+475,+San+Carlos+de+Bariloche,+R%C3%ADo+Negro/@-41.1323619,-71.3188414,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x961a7b0e9841afd5:0x47319f165199b9a7!8m2!3d-41.1335094!4d-71.3164918)
- Point "7" - Entrance to Hotel [Chamonix ](https://goo.gl/maps/mTYg2aBkquBmHKbx6)
**What does the Vip Lounge Catering service include?**
Distributed in each section of navigation, the Vip service includes:
Nachos & Guacamole
Mineral water – Soft drinks –Juices –Wine – Beer
-Ham & Cheese Crescents
Mini Artisan Alfajor
Tea – Coffee – Chocolate
Dulce de Leche Bombs
+ Read more
- Spanish/English Speaking Guides
- Access charge to Nahuel Huapi National Park
- Port fees
This tour may be booked with round trip transfer to Puerto Pañuelo or without it. If you don’t have a vehicle, we advise that you book the shuttle service since the port is 25 km away. There are two local companies that do lake navigation.
+ Read more
- **Why there are different prices for this tour with round trip transfer to Puerto Pañuelo or without?** Puerto Pañuelo, from where the catamaran departs, is 25 km away from Bariloche. If you don’t have a vehicle, we advise that you book the NAVIGATION TICKET WITH SHUTTLE SERVICE.
- **How much is the National Park entrance fee and the Port fee?** Where should I pay? The Port fee is $ 270 (Argentine pesos) per person from 2 years of age. The National Park entrance fee is $1840 for non-resident adults; $260 Argentine Residents; $120 Children between 6 and 12 years old. ** Do not pay entrance to parks **: children under 5 years; Retirees and Pensioners who are residents of Argentina; Persons with a disability certificate; Residents of Bariloche. The Entrance to Parks are paid at the place on the day of the tour, only in cash and in Argentine Pesos
- **Do you pick me up at the hotel?** If you’ve hired the tour with the shuttle service, we pick you up at your hotel provided it is within the agreed route. If it is not, we will assign a meeting point as close as possible to your hotel so you can take the shuttle.
- **I'll go to the port with my car, would I have a place to leave it?** Yes, there is a paid parking, where you can leave your car. The cost of the stay is $ 260 Argentine Pesos
- **How many companies do this tour and what differences are there between them?** There are two companies that navigate the lake: Turisur (Modesta Victoria cruise ship) and Space S.A (Cau Cau catamaran). The only difference is the boat you choose for navigation, as the trip, schedules and prices are the same
- **What is the difference between one boat and another and which would you recommend?** The "Modesta Victoria" is a historic cruise ship completely refurbished with original characteristics. The "Cau Cau" is a modern catamaran. Basically you should only choose what you like most and choose the option at the time of your reservation request
- **What is the VIP room? **The Vip room is a service provided by the Cau Cau Catamaran in a special area of the ship, with more room and a special catering service that you can enjoy for free in each section of the navigation. Service includes drinks, coffee, tea, snacks, pastries and hors d'oeuvre
- **Why are there two different departure times and is there any difference between the two?** There are two different departure times but the route is exactly the same. They both arrive at the same time at the port. The difference is that the earlier departure gives you more time to spend on Victoria Island (1:45 hours more), usually used to have lunch or for recreation.
- **Is it possible to buy some food or to take something to eat?** Yes, you can buy food both on the boat and in the places you visit (Victoria Island and Arrayanes forest) or you can opt to pack your own food.
- **I have mobility problems, are the tour walks long or have any difficulty?** The trails on this tour are wheelchair friendly. The trails are also suitable for baby strollers. It’s a tour meant for all age groups. Walks can be chosen between short or long ones, there is something for everyone.
- **Is the rate for people in retirement or pensioned only for Argentine residents?** Yes. The rate for Retired people that also applies to Pensioner is exclusively for Argentine residents. The same DOES NOT apply to people residing in other countries even if they are retired and pensioners.
- **Is there a discount for people with a Disability Certificate?** Yes, the company Space charges 50% of the navigation ticket value for people with a Disability Certificate and we can do the procedure on your behalf.